contests summary ranklist is too old

Post here if you don't find any other place for your post. But please, stay on-topic: algorithms, programming or something related to this web site and its services.

Moderator: Board moderators

Dreamer#1
Learning poster

contests summary ranklist is too old

Post by Dreamer#1 » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:49 pm

Hello Admins,

Please update the contests summary ranklist at:

http://acm.uva.es/contest/summaries/summary05.html

Thanks you. :)

Chok
New poster

OLD SUMMARY

Post by Chok » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:06 pm

Hi all,
You'r rite Dreamer. The contest summary is too old. In the previous year the contest summary updated regularly, but at this time the summary updated at last April. After that there was a lot of contest. Why ADMINS does not updated the summary. So, Dear Shahriar Manzoor please update the contest summary'05. Thanks.

misof
A great helper

Re: OLD SUMMARY

Post by misof » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:33 pm

Chok wrote:Hi all,
You'r rite Dreamer. The contest summary is too old. In the previous year the contest summary updated regularly, but at this time the summary updated at last April. After that there was a lot of contest. Why ADMINS does not updated the summary. So, Dear Shahriar Manzoor please update the contest summary'05. Thanks.
Shahriar is a problemsetter. Most probably he isn't responsible for things like running a script to update the summary ranklist. I assume that this is a bug caused by some update -- my guess is that the summary ranklist was automatically generated once a week, but in April this mechanism got broken somehow.

The correct thing to do in such a case is to send information about the bug to the technical staff of the judge -- exactly what Dreamer#1 did.

Yelling at Shahriar won't really accomplish anything. You're barking up the wrong tree.

Chok
New poster

??

Post by Chok » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:57 am

Hi Misof,
I wrote his name bcoz i saw "System Administrator & Problemsetter" with his name. Then :roll:????????

shahriar_manzoor
System administrator & Problemsetter

hmm

Post by shahriar_manzoor » Fri Jul 15, 2005 4:25 pm

Misof is right in the sense that I don't do administrative works any more. About 2 years ago I used to do small file copying things but due to poor internet speed in Bangladesh I don't do these things any more but the tag (system admin) is still there. Send your complain to contestATacmDOTuvaDOTes email address

misof
A great helper

Re: hmm

Post by misof » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:32 pm

shahriar_manzoor wrote:Send your complain to contestATacmDOTuvaDOTes email address
I did so, quite a while ago, no reply, nothing changed. Got any idea what's wrong? Is anybody taking care of the judge right now or is the whole project "asleep" during the vacations?

shahriar_manzoor
System administrator & Problemsetter

hmm

Post by shahriar_manzoor » Mon Jul 25, 2005 3:50 pm

I got a copy of your email. Not everything is unchanged, the author ranklist is working again :D .

I have forwarded your email to two more addresses. Let's see what happens.

Chok
New poster

Hi

Post by Chok » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:04 pm

Hi all,
I want to know after when the contest summary of 2005 will be again update ??? It seems that last update was take place at the first week of july. Thanks in advance.

Return to “Other words”